Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Coming Year Ahead





Each year we make resolutions for the coming year. Each resolution differs from person to person, for some can be as life altering as going back to school, losing weight and finding love. Some can even be as simple as making more time for family and spending less time on things we feel we put too much time into, whether it be online, or at work or on individual pursuits.

Whichever it maybe, as we each approach the New Year, remember that with each plan we make that God is also aware of those plans. When we place more focus on seeking His thoughts, approval and guidance on each "resolution" more often than not, it works for our better, Even when it at first, doesn't seem that way.

God has long range goals and plans for each of us. His will is for us to be happy, healthy and full of His Spirit. To grow and not be stagnant. His plans are for our betterment in each area that we are concerned about. By reliance on Him, we WILL succeed in the long run. Even if we feel we have failed, Because in truth what we may consider a loss can be a success in another area of our lives, even if it's a spiritual or character growth!

At Proverbs 16:3, we read "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." At Psalms 37:3,4 we also read "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart."

Through Psalms we read an essential point where it says to "cultivate faithfulness" as too often what we seek is not in our best interests and as a result, either we don't succeed or we aren't able to receive it. Usually when this happens frustration sets in and it can become an issue between us and God.

The past many months I have endured a lot of trials. So I can bear testimony to the tough part of waiting on The Lord. Of having to have sole reliance on His will and not on my own. The past several months have taught me to be grateful for small blessings daily. That after much perseverance God will make a way even when there doesn't seem to be a way! In "cultivating faithfulness" we grow and it is through this that we are blessed!

As we look to 2013, another verse that comes to mind is at Jeremiah 29:11 where we read this promise and assurance, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." His plans for us are established already and by having faith in His will for the coming year, each of us have a promise that 2013 can be our best one yet! For each of us, those plans maybe different, but with God behind us, how can we fail? Romans 8:31 says "What, then, can we say about all of this? If God is for us, who can be against us? "

Also in the coming year, let us also strive to perfect our faith and strengthen the relationship we have with Him. Ezekial 36:27 says "And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws." and at 1 Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."

I pray that each of you will have a truly blessed year ahead and that each of us will continue to grow in grace and faith and that all our heart's desires will be blessed. Remember to seek His will, cultivate faithfulness as you wait, by doing so you will find that things work for your good as we read at Romans 8:28 this promise "We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose." Happy New Year!



Breathe --- Michael W Smith




6 comments:

  1. This is very inspiring Brenda... so beautiful, so true... I know I need to rely on Heavenly Father, that's always so hard because I know what I want. I have to trust that He knows what I want and I way will be made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Launna for the kind words and I hope the New Year ahead you grow closer to the Lord and that you are greatly blessed. You are an amazing lady and I hope that the next year is a wonderful one for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The song Breathe, was on my mind this morning and then saw this after seeing you had linked to 'My musings & Rhymes' blog,
    Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome! There is a reason for everything that happens this sounds so wonderful as "Breathe" is a very deep spiritual song! Blessings x

      Delete
  4. Hi Brenda, just checking in with you... I wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you. Also, I am going in for surgery on January 31st... I should be home in less then a week and off work and my foot for 6 weeks or more. I hope you blog while I am off as I plan to sleep, read and blog... a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Launna thanks for checking in, I am doing well :) Will stop by soon as I can get caught up as I was offline a while. May God bless you hun xx

    ReplyDelete